If you are blessed with a garden space in your home that presents opportunities for placing a set of furniture, you certainly will be enjoying this summer! It can be used to have barbecues and al fresco dinners with family and friends, rest after a tiring gardening session, or just enjoy some good weather throughout the year.
According to design and gardening experts, wood furniture is among the most popular. People like it so much because it is truly versatile when it comes to design – be it modern and classic. Wood furniture provides a natural look, which complements pretty much every garden. One of the main benefits of wood furniture is that it is quality material, which can last a good number of years, since it is very durable and can withstand the elements. If you are on a quest of equipping your garden with the best wood furniture, there are some things you must consider.
- Type of wood – normally you would want to acquire high quality wood furniture, which can withstand all kinds of weather – both hot and cold. One of the best choices you can make is to buy teak wood furniture. It is featured in numerous gardening designs, and is widely known for its durability and high quality. Other popular alternatives include keruing and eucalyptus. Here are few of the main benefits of these types:
- Teak – the reason why teak makes such a great option for wooden garden furniture is because it contains natural chemicals and oils that provide protection from rot. Designs feature both recycled and new teak. There is one very important thing to keep in mind: wood generally lasts as much as it took it to grow. That said, buying a type of wood that grew fast is probably a poor investment. On the other hand, teak that has been recycled is much more durable, since the trees it came from are significantly older.
- Eucalyptus – just like teak, eucalyptus too is resistant to rot. It normally comes covered in attractive finish, which gives it a great look. The benefit of getting wood with the right finish is that it looks great in sets. You can acquire a whole beautiful dining set and it will nicely complement any garden environment. Remember that garden maintenance of such furniture should be carefully performed, since you don’t want to ruin the finish in any way.
- Choosing size and style – you will really have no problem equipping any outdoor space, be it a small balcony, a terrace or deck, with the right wood furniture. There are numerous designs that feature folding furniture for space-saving solutions. Stacking designs are also popular, since they allow for easy moving around and storage when you want to protect your set from the elements.
- Final tips for ensuring you buy quality – normally you would do well to invest your money in designs with many wood components and hardware, which is an indication of sound quality. Always be aware that some furniture only looks aged, but is in fact created with such design to add character. Pay attention to cushions, since you want to be comfortable on your furniture.
Take your time in researching the market in order to acquire the best wood furniture for your garden. Keep in mind each of these tips and you will make a solid investment.
Don’t forget to check out Velago’s teak dining set!